Creating a great resume....
begins with PARS Statements
You only have moments to capture the attention of an interviewer, resume reader, or new network connection. You have to pack an impressive, inspirational, inviting, message into a powerful short statement. We call those PARS statements or Problem/Action/Result statements.
Overview of the PARS creation process –
- Remind yourself of good stories to tell.
- Write them down to help you recall pertinent facts. (3 paragraphs)
- Distill the short stories into powerful short statements. (30 second elevator stories)
- Take the short statements and create bullet points for your resume. (30 words)
- Use a list of possible interview questions and figure out how you can answer the question by using one of your PARS stories to put you in the best light.