The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) shall keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct books and accounts of the Chapter’s properties and transactions. The book of accounts will be open to inspection by any Officer at all reasonable times. The CFO will provide reports and information, as necessary, to Federal and California agencies or authorities as required by law.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform and uphold any and all duties as specified by the PMI Wine Country Chapter by-laws, and board policies and procedures.
- Maintain Operations Manual for Vice President of Finance role.
- Consult and collaborate with the all members of the board to coordinate the needs of the Chapter.
- Develop and implement succession and transition plan.
- Document and maintain all Finance processes and procedures.
- Delegate duties and execution responsibilities, but not accountability, to other members of the management team or others, as appropriate.
- Sign contracts which have been approved by the Board of Directors, as appropriate.
- Maintain the financial records of the Chapter.
- Establish and maintain all required Chapter bank accounts and/or similar transactions; arrange for officers signatures as required.
- Collect and deposit all funds for Chapter activities, services, and products.
- Disburse (or reimburse) funds for Chapter activities, services, and products as approved by budget or special consideration.
- Work with the management team to prepare and maintain an annual operating budget.
- Report to the Board of Directors, the actual financial activity against the approved operating budget, highlighting any activity outside of the budget guidelines. Provide financial reporting.
- Prepare Chapter Federal and State tax filings, and other government required reports, as necessary, to be provided to tax preparer.
- Annually Prepare 1099-miscellaneous form for consultants/paid educators.
- File a report of Independent Contractor report with State of California.
- Renew Chapter Incorporation with Secretary of State, State of California, and pay required fee every other year (even years).
Role Specific Skills
- Understanding of the principles of accounting and finance
- Public speaking/presentation skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Negotiation skills
Estimated Hours per Month: 12