The President shall be the chief officer for the Wine Country Chapter and of the Board, and shall perform such duties as are customary for presiding officers, including making all required appointments with the approval of the Board. The President shall also serve as a member ex-officio with the right to vote on all committees except the Nominating Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform and uphold any and all duties as specified by the PMI Wine Country Chapter by-laws, and board policies and procedures.
- Maintain Operations Manual for President role.
- Consult and collaborate with the all members of the board to coordinate the needs of the Chapter.
- Develop and implement succession and transition plan.
- Serve as liaison between PMI Wine Country Chapter and PMI Global and other organizations and individuals.
- May delegate duties and execution responsibilities to other members of the management team or others as appropriate. Ultimately accountable for all board operations and Chapter activities.
- Ensure that all Chapter business is done ethically, legally and with an open policy to all board members.
- Serve as presiding officer at Chapter meetings, annual general membership meeting and events.
- Provide oversight and guidance to other Board members in accordance with the purposes of the Chapter.
- Ultimately responsible for all board operations and chapter activities.
- Monitors and manages the chapters strategic goals.
- Responsible for the Charter renewal and compliance with PMI.
- Responsible for annual report to membership.
- Represents the Chapter at public events.
- In conjunction with the VP of Finance, legally represent the organization.
- In conjunction with the VP of Finance, manage Chapter and policyaudits.
- Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance in consulation with the VP of Finance.
- With the board, ensure prudent disbursement of Chapter funds.
- Drive implementation of revision and amendments of PMI policies and guidelines to Chapter processes.
- Promote leadership development opportunities for board development.
- Assure that the Chapter board works together as a team.
Role Specfic Skills
- PMI knowledge and experience
- Organizational management/ Ability to delegate effectively
- Public speaking/presentation skills
- Management /Leadership/ Conflict resolution/ team building skills
- Excellent Communication / organization / time management / interpersonal skills
Average Hours per Month: 16 hours